Monday, March 16, 2009

Ode to the best husband in the world! :)

Ok normally I'm not the type to express my undying, mushy-gushy love on the world wide web. But this is going to be the exception because my awesome husband deserves some public recognition!!

I'll be the first to tell anyone how very unenjoyable I have found pregnancy for the most part. I envy those women who love, enjoy, and have never felt better than while they were pregnant. I am just definitely not one of them. While I am so thankful to finally have been blessed with being pregnant. And I definitely can't wait for our little buddy to be here. The road up to this point has been less than pleasant for me. And unfortunately, as much as I have tried for it not to, has made life less than pleasant at times for poor Miche.

It has been 10 months of morning sickness, insomnia, cravings, uncomfortableness, lots of crying, and being oh so sore. And through all of this unpleasantness, Miche has been SO great and supportive and taken care of me every step of the way. I think all too often I take for granted how good he is to me. So here is a list of all of the wonderful things he has done for me over the last 9 months so you all know how much I have to be thankful for.
  • Not once have I ever been left wanting for something I have craved. Miche always insists on making sure that I get whatever sounds good to me. No matter how far out of the way. Lots of nachos, buffalo wings, mexican food, bacon, strawberries, tons of fun dip :), soda, cookie dough ice cream, sausage biscuits, among many others. He has let his diet be dictated by whatever my hormonal body is craving without any complaint. He can be as tired as can be from a day at work, and just wanting to stay home and relax, but still jump up and gladly take me to get whatever craving strikes at whatever time.
  • He not only has been so willing to go out and get me what I want, but also to make anything I want when I just don't have the energy, or my morning sickness won't allow me to do it myself. I don't even think I could take a guess as to the many POUNDS of hashbrowns he has made for me these past months. And every morning he is home on the weekends he wakes up and asks "What can I get you for breakfast?" He gets up, and makes me anything that I want, or goes out and gets me anything that I want, to try and help me ebb the morning sickness.
  • There were several times that I woke the poor guy up in the middle of the night because I was so hungry it hurt, and regardless of having to catch a bus or carpool as early in the morning as 5 a.m., he would wake up and make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, heat up some leftover pizza, or pop in a frozen something or other so that I wouldn't get sick before I could get it down.
  • Every morning for the first at least 4 months, he would bring me up some french bread or crackers, and some ginger ale or lemonade, so that when I finally woke up in a few hours that I would be able to eat something before I got up and not get sick.
  • There were nights when I was so tired and crying from not being able to sleep that he would sit up (so he didn't fall asleep first like he usually does), snuggle me, and scratch my back until I fell asleep before he would let himself fall asleep.
  • I have got my backed scratched and/or rubbed every night throughout my entire pregnancy. Without fail. :)
  • When I am feeling huge and so unattractive he is always quick to tell me that I am pregnant, not huge, and that it is cute.
  • When I have been unable to sleep in bed, I have been on the lookout for a recliner. But with the baby coming I can't justify spending money on one. So one night he came out and made me my own recliner on the couch so that I could sleep better. :)
  • Towards the end of the day sometimes, or even when I am just havin' a bad fit of fatigue, he will jump up to get me a drink, snack, blanket, or just anything else I can't reach from where I am so that I don't have to get up. I know that makes me sound super lazy. But he is so good to do it to help me be more comfortable.
  • He gets poked and rolled over so often during the night when I am having trouble sleeping. I know it gets so annoying to him and he has had to sleep on the same side for months which has to get uncomfortable. But he says he's more than willing to do it because as he says "I need my sleep more than he does". I'm not sure how correct that is seeing as he has to go to work the next morning, but that's what he says and therefore moves where I need him. Even the few times that has meant going out to the couch.
  • Stairs have gotten more and more difficult the huger I get. Miche will get behind me and help push me up the stairs to make it easier. :)
  • I consider cleaning the house to be my job because I am a stay at home mom. But I have been such a slacker with it through the entire pregnancy while I've been so sick and tired. So despite the fact that he works all day he will still come home at nights or on the weekends and help around the house, doing dishes (especially when the smell of them makes me sick) and straightening up the house.
  • He is always willing to let me drag him around the baby section of any store we are in everytime we go. And even all around to tons of different stores just so I can keep a look out in the clearance sections for anything we might need. The poor guy has been dragged around so many baby stores these past months. He even drove me clear down to Ikea in a BAD blizzard because I was stressed about ordering a crib before we checked there.
  • And not only is he sweet to come with me, but as the end has gotten closer he has been so dang excited for the munchkin to get here it is the cutest thing ever! He has loved picking out cute little outfits for the little guy. Finding cool toys. He searched all over the internet for a pirate flag "jolly roger" blanket because he wanted one for the little guy.
  • He has been just as excited about getting the baby's nursery all decorated and helping with it. He waited so impatiently for all the furniture to get here because he could hardly wait to put together the crib, changing table, etc. He's designing and printing giant vinyl safari animals to put up on his walls that match his bedding (that Miche found and loved by the way :) ).
  • He's been so willing and insistant, even sometimes more than me, that we make sure the little guy has everything he wants or needs, and that it's super cute, regardless of how very expensive everything is. He gets just as excited as I do about spoiling the little guy.
  • He has put up with SO many hours of "baby talk". It has been pretty much all I have talked about through the entire pregnancy. And I know it can get tiresome but he always is willing to listen and indulge me. :) Even when some of the pregnancy related things I choose to tell him may be WAY more information than he really needed.
  • He gets so excited to feel and see the little guy move in my belly. And when he does it gets him so excited to meet him. Several times, he has even hugged my belly and said "can we just have him now?". It's so sweet. :) He's gonna be an awesome dad.
  • I'm sure I'm missing much more of the awesome things he has done for me. Big and small. But lastly I just wanted to mention what he said last night and this morning to me as things have gotten super hard for me pregnancy wise. He told me how much he appreciates me going through all this so that we can have a healthy baby boy. After all that he has done for me, he is thanking me. :) He is THE best husband in the world, and the sweetest guy, hands down.

I am so lucky to have you sweetie!!! You have been so great to me through this madness! Thanks for making things so much easier on me and helping me keep things in perspective. I can't wait for our little boy to get here! And I am so excited to get to watch you be a daddy to him. You're an amazing husband and you are going to be an amazing dad! I can hardly wait!!!! 8 more days babe until baby time!!! Yeah!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

5 comments:

Amber said...

No wonder he is my favorite cousin! He is awesome, and you are so lucky! :)

Amber T.

FeliciaK said...

I completely agree with you Abbey!!! He has always been the greatest cousin to me. ;) I can only imagine how he is as a husband, and how he will be as a dad. ;) Miss and love you guys!!

Jacey said...

gees im about in tears over this post! im so excited for you guys and cant wait to see your little guy!

Heather said...

What a guy! Not that I'm surprised - Miche's one of the nicest people I've ever known! I can't wait for your little guy to get here! Only a few more days! Woo-hoo!

Jacey said...

thanks and i would absolutely love to! it would be my pleasure!